Labels

Search This Blog

Home

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Mamma is going back to school.

The other day when Derek was here, we started having a discussion about me going back to school. His words of encouragement fueled my desire. I went down and made an appointment to talk with a counselor. My appointment went well. The best part and one of the deciding factors was a grant of $6000 offered by the military to spouses. This grant is to encourage spouses so they can have a portable career.

I have always said that when my youngest child started Kindergarten that I would go back to college. Well, a year has past and I now have a first grader. I am now going to kick my butt in high gear. In one day and one day only, I applied to an online community college and sent my transcripts in. Done!

After evaluating my college courses that I have taken, I am not far away from my Associates. I could kick myself for not doing this sooner. The kids can't quite grasp that I am going to college. Mara is amazed that I won't be going down the street to the white building. I told her all I need is a computer. Now don't get me wrong, I love being a dental assistant. I only have a short term goal, to show me and my kids that I can do this. I want my kids to go to college.

So, we shall see where this takes me. I am excited. My brain might like the stimulation.

No comments:

Post a Comment