Labels

Search This Blog

Home

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Less than two week countdown...

In 2 weeks, I will become a college student again. I will be entering the world of cyberspace college. The other day I purchased some school supplies. Of course I had to get fun stuff. It is great to feel like a little kid and go through the whole aisle to get the perfect notebook. My daughter, Mara, told me today that I can't go back to college because I have to take care of them. I hope she feels different about that as she sees me dedicated to getting a degree. The hardest challenge will be finding the perfect balance of working full-time, taking care of the kids, cleaning the house,cooking, and dealing with the deployment of my husband in Afghanistan. That is a lot on my plate.

So tomorrow, I have decided that I will make some freezer meals. I am determined to not succumb to eating out. After getting home from work, it is so easy just to get take out. In the past eating out has cost us as much as $500 a month. Ouch! On the menu to make for my freezer meals is:

Cheesy Chicken Pasta
Italian Ricotta Chicken (No pasta. I can't have all these carbs every night.)
Chicken and Broccoli Rice

I might even try making some soup and freezing it. Sounds like a busy weekend before heading back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment